Welcome To DIY Tube Video Community

Get paid for video views, comments, thumbs up and more

Working On Mil Rite Chainsaw Mill And More

Working On Mil Rite Chainsaw Mill And More Public

The Do It Yourself World

4 weeks
14 Views
Want to watch this again later?
Sign in to add this video to a playlist. Login
Share Report 0 4

Share Video:

Category:
Description:
I have been restoring an old Mil-Rite chainsaw lumber mill which I recently got delivered to our off grid homestead.

The mill had not been used in about 40 - 50 years I was told so it needed a little bit of cleaning and care before I could use it. But it is in surprisingly good shape for its age.

The chain was rusty and seized up between most of the links but I thought just maybe I can free it up and get it working again.

It was too hot out to do much of anything else the previous day so I sat down and worked the chain links one at a time. It took several hours but as I said, it was too hot out anyway.

The chain was still quite rusty though so I got the idea of putting it into vinegar and water. I mixed up a 50/50 batch in a tub and submerged the chain in the vinegar out in the sun for a couple hours.

I checked on it after a while and the vinegar was bubbling. So it was definitely working on something.

A while later I got a brass wire brush and gently scrubbed on the chain. The dirt and rust fell right away with ease. So I scrubbed the entire chain on both sides. I cannot believe how good it looks now.

I got all the links moving and freed up. Next it was time to remove a few links because it did not fit my chainsaw. I had to get a master link in town first.

It was getting even more hot and something was biting me out there so I called it a day for now.

While the chain was soaking in vinegar I went out to the wood shop to work on a project. I had been wanting to work on electronics and a wood project today so I mixed them both at the same time.

I made a radiant energy Bedini SSG motor out of all scrap parts. The wood scraps I used to make a base with feet.

I used a circuit from an old Bedini motor which I had not used in many years due to mice destroying it all. The coils were out of a dead laser printer. The electronics were also salvaged at the time.

I put it all together using a roller skate wheel and some magnets. When I spun it up, the thing worked quite well.

I am currently desulfating an old lead acid battery in a car jump starter pack.

Comments:

Comment
Up Next Autoplay